cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Posting times for pre-defined posture conditions?

Thomas Wall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All,

After Microsoft releases a new batch of critical updates/hotfixes, how long does it take before Perfigo pushes out pre-defined checks for those updates? With the older NAC appliance, the release usually occurred within 72 hours. Is that still standard?  Additionally, apart from looking up the conditions in ISE, is there an external site which shows the most updated conditions and or a list of upcoming posture updates?

-Thomas Wall

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aasubram
Level 1
Level 1

Microsoft patches are released on 2nd Tuesday of every month. Cisco pre-defined hotfix ruleset will be available in 72 hours. The SLA is still same for ISE.

Can you please be specific about the condition you are referring to?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From one of our posture DEs, I got a DE manager name who might be in charge of MS hot fixes and updates. I will forward your inquiry along.

aasubram
Level 1
Level 1

Microsoft patches are released on 2nd Tuesday of every month. Cisco pre-defined hotfix ruleset will be available in 72 hours. The SLA is still same for ISE.

Can you please be specific about the condition you are referring to?

Posting here for records:

If I create a posture requirement which specifically checks the file condition pc_W7_64_KB4019264_MS17 and then we release the new Windows 7 MS17 security rollup for June, will my rule in ISE dynamically update with the new named file condition or will we keep the named file condition above and create a new named file condition for the June security rollup?

Update received:

Your own posture requirement would not update dynamically.

Since these are all pre-defined checks we’ll update it in the rule “pr_Win7_32_Hotfixes” which is the preferred condition to use.