Replies

Problems to import CSV endpoints to ISE

jimontoro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, everyone

we can´t import csv file to ISE. We use the template with the form:

IM Renderer Page

MACAddress,EndPointPolicy,IdentityGroup,PortalUser.GuestType,Description,PortalUser.Location,PortalUser.GuestStatus,StaticAssignment,User-Name,DeviceRegistrationStatus,PortalUser.CreationType,AUPAccepted,PortalUser.EmailAddress,PortalUser.PhoneNumber,FirstName,ip,Device Type,host-name,StaticGroupAssignment,MDMEnrolled,MDMOSVersion,PortalUser.LastName,PortalUser.GuestSponsor,EmailAddress,PortalUser,PortalUser.FirstName,BYODRegistration,MDMServerName,LastName,MDMServerID,Location
50:12:33:44:55:66,,vlan501,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

is this form right?
ISE is not able to import the endpoints (attach error)

Please, Could anyone help us?

Thanks!
12 Replies 12

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure you have CSV valid format to import.

BB

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

the file has the ise template´s format:

MACAddress,EndPointPolicy,IdentityGroup,PortalUser.GuestType,Description,PortalUser.Location,PortalUser.GuestStatus,StaticAssignment,User-Name,DeviceRegistrationStatus,PortalUser.CreationType,AUPAccepted,PortalUser.EmailAddress,PortalUser.PhoneNumber,FirstName,ip,Device Type,host-name,StaticGroupAssignment,MDMEnrolled,MDMOSVersion,PortalUser.LastName,PortalUser.GuestSponsor,EmailAddress,PortalUser,PortalUser.FirstName,BYODRegistration,MDMServerName,LastName,MDMServerID,Location
50:12:33:44:55:66,,huva-vlan501,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

we use three columns, and the other in blank.

Which 3 columns are you using? The error messages indicates "IdentityGroup" is invalid....so I'd suggest ensuring that the endpoints you are importing have been defined with a valid group.

Sorry, we are using 2: MACAddress,,IdentityGroup

Ok, can you provide an example of what you are attempting to import?

I attach an example.

So if I import your CSV as you have it, I get the exact same error - which I'd expect as I dont have your Identity Group "huva-vlan501".

If I modify the group to a default ISE Identity Group e.g. Workstation, it imports fine.

What is "huva-vlan501"? and where have you defined it? It should be an Endpoint Identity Group.

huva-vlan501 is a endpoint identity group. I don´t what you mean when you say default ISE Group.

I was referring to the default Endpoint Identity Group (appears under Profiled).

I created "huva-vlan501" and successfully imported from your csv.

Try another Endpoint ID Group such as "Workstation" and see if that works

What version of ISE and patch are you running?

2.3.0.29 Patch 4.

Try another Endpoint ID Group such as "Workstation" and see if that works

HI Jimontoro,

Could you import the list?

Or were you able to change the status of profiled?

Thanks,

Ricardo.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: