Views
Helpful
Replies

radius attribute 30

a.ascione
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm trying to send attribute 30(called station) in my radius accounting session. This is working fine for attribute 31 (calling-station).

I have the command  "radius-server attribute 30 original-called-number" in my configuration.

Any idea what could be causing this?

thanks in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Do you see the Called-Station-Id in the access request from the NAS to ISE?

Normally the NAS should include that automatically in all future Accounting requests if the Authentication was successful.

Failing that, can you try

radius-server vsa send accounting

Sorry I don't deal much with IOS devices these days.

View solution in original post

I realised after I sent my reply that Called-Station-Id is not a VSA (Vendor Specific Attribute) so therefore it would not have made a different.  Apologies.  But the fact that you don't see it in the Access-Request means that the NAS will not be able to generate Accounting requests containing that attribute.

So the key thing is to find that command that adds the Called-Station-Id into all Access-Requests.  I thought that IOS did that by default.  More googling ... or if you have the patience, open a TAC case.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Do you see the Called-Station-Id in the access request from the NAS to ISE?

Normally the NAS should include that automatically in all future Accounting requests if the Authentication was successful.

Failing that, can you try

radius-server vsa send accounting

Sorry I don't deal much with IOS devices these days.

Hi

thanks for your quick reply No I don't see the attribute in my request (debug aaa accounting), I do see other attributes (including  for example calling-station-id)

I have added the comand you mentioned, but the result is the same

Possible defect on platform? Check with tac on switching side

ok Will do, just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything in the configuration.

I realised after I sent my reply that Called-Station-Id is not a VSA (Vendor Specific Attribute) so therefore it would not have made a different.  Apologies.  But the fact that you don't see it in the Access-Request means that the NAS will not be able to generate Accounting requests containing that attribute.

So the key thing is to find that command that adds the Called-Station-Id into all Access-Requests.  I thought that IOS did that by default.  More googling ... or if you have the patience, open a TAC case.