Views
Helpful
Replies

Radius Live logs don't show IP ADDRESS

Ciscomars
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I use an Identity Awarness with CheckPoint, I authenticate me on this CheckPoint captive portal.

The authentication works well on ISE cisco live logs but I have a big problem: I never have my ip address on Radius Live logs.

Could you please tell me how can I get the IP address of the laptop which authenticates in Captive portal please?

Thank you.Policy, Acces

3 Replies 3

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE live logs might not have IP addresses of the authentication clients, unless the addresses are known during authentication and the network devices sending them over via the Framed-IP-Address attribute. If the network devices update the IP addresses via RADIUS accounting updates, then the IP addresses will show in the live sessions view or the session entries in the live logs view.

Hello,
How may I configure Framed-IP-address please?

You will have to check with Checkpoint on that. I did not find any public facing documents on that to help you.
The configuration should usually lie where you configure your radius settings or the captive portal settings. This is an attribute that should be included in the Radius Request Packet !