Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset ISE CLI password

Kashish_Patel
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Security Experts,

Is  it possible to reset/recover ISE CLI password from ISE WebGUI? I am  able to get into web gui of ISE, but not able to login to its CLI. So  want to reset/recover ISE CLI password from its GUI.

PS: I rate useful posts.

Thanks,

Kashish

37 Replies 37

Hi Tarik,

We have the same problem. We're unable to login to both CLI and GUI.

In our setup, ISE is run in a single VM.

We followed the same procedure(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/installation_guide/ise_postins.html#wp1194396) to recover the password. When option 3 ([3] Reset Administrator Password (Keyboard/Monitor)) was selected after booting from DVD, the below error is thrown. Attached screen shot for your reference.

"Failed to find ADE-OS startup configuration, Unable to proceed with password recovery"

Please help.

Hello, 

I am also having the same error, can you tell me how you solved?

!!!!!!!! FAILED TO FIND ADE-OS STARTUP CONFIGURATION !!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!! UNABLE TO PROCEED WITH PASSWORD RECOVERY !!!!!!!!!!!

SYSTEM WILL RESTART
                       Press any key.....

Hello,

I'm was trying to resert the CLI-password due booting from the ISO-file. When i choose option [3] Recover administrator password (Keyboard/Monitor) i get the same error:

!!!!!!!! FAILED TO FIND ADE-OS STARTUP CONFIGURATION !!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!! UNABLE TO PROCEED WITH PASSWORD RECOVERY !!!!!!!!!!!

SYSTEM WILL RESTART
                           Press any key.....

When i try to recover the CLI-password through option [4] Recover administrator password (Console) Cisco ISE is loading recovery image and after that it says it's ready. At this point nothing happens...

Does someone have encounterd one of these problems and solved them?

I did manage to resolve this error.

My SCSI controller of the VMWare server was set to Paravirtual.
So I changed it to LSI Logic Parallel and was able to reset the CLI-password of Cisco ISE.

Dear Dennie

I have the same issue but if I change the vm setting to LSI Logigc Parallel the ISE does not boot anymore.

Did you do anything else?

Thanks and best regards

Oliver

Getting the same error, no luck with DVD option on Hyper-V VM running 2.6

I have the same issue, it seems with Hyper-V when you get to selecting the option to reset [1] Recover administrator password

The keyboard stops working. I can't press 1 to recover and nothing works except shutting it down. 

Is this Hyper V issue? 

lim.weiyat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I tried to use the DVD to reset the CLI password but after reboot I still unable to use the new password to access the ISE. Any advise?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: