cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Licensing issue ISE 2.4 patch 14

stephendrkw
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, I need to upgrade from ISE 2.4 to 3.0, before doing so I converted my traditional Licenses into Smart, these Licenses are now appearing in my Smart Account.

I initially used the Transparent Gateway option as the connection method and entered a token, this connected fine but I downloaded the wrong ISE licenses so I disabled ISE licensing, since doing this I can no longer enable Smart Licensing the button is greyed out and I am logged in as admin.

Over the weekend I stopped/starting ISE services form the CLI, and to my surprise the Enable button is still greyed out! Please find attached a screenshot of my problem.

Any ideas, possible bug?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stephendrkw
Level 3
Level 3

@Arne Bier I upgraded from 2.4 patch 14 to 3.0 patch 4 today (not without problems BTW, I managed to fix everything in the end). After my upgrade was finished this License error no longer appears under the Licensing page for 3.0. I was also able to register with Smart Licensing and pull and my licenses from our Smart Portal via Transparent Gateway with my Token code successfully. I have reported this back to TAC, I'm not sure whether we will ever find out the issue............. before my upgrade, I even cleared all my browser (Chrome) cache and tried another browser (Edge) still the same issue, Enable button greyed out.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Sounds fishy to me. It should at least allow you to run Smart in eval mode - unless you have already exhausted the 90 days?

I don't recall this being discussed in the Community before - perhaps best to raise a TAC case.

Hi Arne,

I have a TAC opened and they have advised to reboot the Server. I will do this out of Production hours.

In regards to Smart, I only enabled Smart about a week ago and ran Smart for only 24 hours before switching back to traditional and I also I found out according to the Cisco Licensing Team there are currently 2 TAC cases open for this same problem.

I'll post the outcome.

@stephendrkw - have you tried to toggle the Smart Licensing off (disable Smart to re-enable traditional licensing), then enable Smart (eval) and then see if the button is active again?

stephendrkw
Level 3
Level 3

@Arne Bier I upgraded from 2.4 patch 14 to 3.0 patch 4 today (not without problems BTW, I managed to fix everything in the end). After my upgrade was finished this License error no longer appears under the Licensing page for 3.0. I was also able to register with Smart Licensing and pull and my licenses from our Smart Portal via Transparent Gateway with my Token code successfully. I have reported this back to TAC, I'm not sure whether we will ever find out the issue............. before my upgrade, I even cleared all my browser (Chrome) cache and tried another browser (Edge) still the same issue, Enable button greyed out.