Views
Helpful
Replies

SmartCards (CAC) Portal Login Only

Thomas Kosowski
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning Team,

I was hoping someone might have done this in the past or at least guide me in the right direction. I am trying to deploy 2FA(CAC, smart card) portal access for out Cisco ISE 2.4 but running into few problems.

I am currently connected to my AD and i can map all the user account i need. Under Identity Management I have added External Identity Store as my AD and configured Certificate Authentication Profile to use my AD Identity Store and set" Subject Alternative Name - Other Name".  Under Admin Access I've changed the type to "Client Certificate Base" but when I am trying to login to portal I get a message: "Authentication Error, Certificate Base Authentication is Enabled, Client does not have a certificate"

1. Under Cisco ISE admin guide section Configure Cisco ISE for Administrator CAC Authentication, Step 7; I can't see that Certificate Store option and not sure exactly which Certificate I had to import because we already got all our ROOT certs imported. All our user authentication certificates reside on AD and not sure what else I might need.
  2. Is there more detail instruction somewhere explaining how to setup CAC authentication for portal login??

I hope someone here did this before and could guide me through the process.

Any help appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
We do have a bug CSCvf55344 but since this solution is very sparsely implemented, there wasn't enough information to fix it. You may or may not be running into this defect but I would strongly recommend you to open a TAC case for this to be fixed and probably help others in the process as well.