cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SMS Gateway Integration with Text Anywhere

a.maldonado
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am trying to setup the sms gateway in ISE with our sms provider Text Anywhere. Has anyone managed to set it up successfully using the SMS HTTP API option?

Text Anywhere told me to use https://api.textanywhere.com/API/v1.0/REST/sms

In the instructions they sent me (Textanywhere API Reference) there are three headers -H as follow:

(API KEY) access_token:<TOKEN I CREATED FOR SENDER>

Content-Type: application/json

user_key:(KEY)

I can successfully send sms using POSTMAN on the web and using the information above. I just don’t know where I am supposed to or how to add the headers using ISE. Text Anywhere also say that they see my requests, but they fail because the requests arrive without information in the ‘sender’ or ‘body’ fields, which I am not populating in ISE because I don’t know where. My ISE version is 3.1

I have read posts and documents relating to sms integration but they appear to be particular to those sms providers only.

Any help or guidance provided will be much appreciated. Thank you!

1 Reply 1

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I have not touched ISE SMS for many years, but I remember struggling with this also. Have you seen this link? The examples in the link might help?  Your provider appears to require a JSON payload - so, data content type should be set to JSON and the data encoded as JSON. But that's just my assumption. 

My best guess would be (and you would replace the KEY and SECRET with the appropriate tokens/keys):

ArneBier_0-1723239100935.png