cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNS-3515-K9 ISE Licensing

Anthony Mile
Level 1
Level 1

I want to license my SNS-3515-K9 for all the expired features highlighted below.  Any help on which licenses I need to purchase to activate all these?

Lics.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please contact Licensing@Cisco or the account team to procure the licenses. 

Looks like you need BASE,PlUS, APEX and TACACS. Not sure what services you are currently using. But please refer the ISE ordering guide to understand it better. 

Thanks,

Nidhi

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

You need a Base license and a Tacacs License (called "Device Admin").

If you are in a hurry, go to software.cisco.com and create yourself a 90 eval.  Choose the Advanced Features license to give yourself the TACACS component.

We should also direct you to contact your Cisco partner that sold you this hardware.  I would be very surprised if you bought a SNS ISE appliance without any licensing. 

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

If this is a production environment and you need license urgently, you can go on https://www.cisco.com/go/license and request demo licenses but you won't be able to request TACACS (Device Admin demo licenses). Or you can just send an email to licensing@cisco.com and ask for all licenses. Just don't forget to send the output of show udi of your ISE server.

You also need to make sure which licenses you need. What features have you implemented and are you using (like posture, byod, profiling,....)?
Base and TACACS licenses are perpetual ==> Base licenses are based on number of devices/sessions and shared across your cluster. Tacacs is based on node server activated for this feature (on 2.4 version) or 1 license for the whole cluster (2.3 and previous).
PLUS and APEX (Byod, posture, profiling...) ==> Not perpetual and renewable on 1, 3 or 5 years basis.

ISE ordering guide is here: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/guide_c07-656177.pdf
You can take a look and verify which licenses needed based on features you're running.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like you need BASE,PlUS, APEX and TACACS. Not sure what services you are currently using. But please refer the ISE ordering guide to understand it better. 

Thanks,

Nidhi

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks,

Nidhi