cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sync/copy AAA clients between two ACS5.2

oldcreek12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all, we are moving network devices (200+) authentication/authorization/accounting to new ACS5.2, is there any easy way to copy/sync all those AAA clients configuration to another ACS5.2 server? I don't need other configuration to be synced/copied to another ACS5.2 server, thanks in advance.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go the aaa clients menu and click "export".

Then on the other ACS, click "file operations", "add" and you should be good to go ...

View solution in original post

To reconfirm from previous thread that export/import mechanism is designed to meet this use case for network devices

One other point to consider is in the case that you have made changes to the NDGs as well as the network device definitions

There is also an export/import mechanism for the NDGs.

Since the network device definitions reference the NDGs need to ensure these are in sync before imprting the netwrok devices themselves

Make sure popups are enabled on the browser

8 Replies 8

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go the aaa clients menu and click "export".

Then on the other ACS, click "file operations", "add" and you should be good to go ...

To reconfirm from previous thread that export/import mechanism is designed to meet this use case for network devices

One other point to consider is in the case that you have made changes to the NDGs as well as the network device definitions

There is also an export/import mechanism for the NDGs.

Since the network device definitions reference the NDGs need to ensure these are in sync before imprting the netwrok devices themselves

Thank you both, however when I clicked the "export" button, I did not get the expected screen that would allow me to filter out certain devices, I was presented with a window warning me that items in the table will be exported to a .csv file, when I clicked the "start export" button, nothing happened and the same window came back, not sure this is a WCS issue or I need to do something extra before I can export the clients.

Make sure popups are enabled on the browser

Yep, that did it. Thanks!!!!

Got a new problem, all those devices are using TACACS+ for AAA, but the .csv file has a mandatory field "coaPort:Integer:Required" for Radius which is empty in exported .csv file, when I import this file to another ACS5.2, import failed because this Required field is missing...

is the COA Port defined in the GUI (under RADIUS data)

Looks like the GUI allows it to be optional but import expects it to be required.

Easy way to to define the value either in the GUI or import file. use its default value of 1700

You can export data, enter 1700 in spreadsheet and then import with the "Update" option to set the value for all Netwrok Devices

Problem resolved, I manually added the CoA ports in .csv file to make the other ACS happy.