Views
Helpful
Replies

Synchronizing DB/Config between two standalone ACS, v5.4

jpeterson6
Level 2
Level 2

Hello.

I'm in process of migrating a clients' ACS from 4.2 to 5.4. With 4.2, they have it set up so that two standalone ACS servers (one in US, one in UK) will replicate database and configuration information. They are not configured as a primary/secondary setup.

For instance, any devices in the  Data Center in UK will reference the UK ACS server first, US second. In the US, it is the opposite. Any configuration changes are generally made on the US side which then replicates to the UK side.

Is this situation possible in 5.4? I want to avoid users in the UK having to authenticate to the US server and vice-versa unless their local ACS is down.

Hopefully that makes sense. If it doesn't, let me know.

5 Replies 5

edwjames
Level 3
Level 3

Hey,

This works the same way on the ACS 5.x, in ACS 5 you have to configure it as primary and secondary.

Regards

Ed

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality. --Dalai Lama** Please Rate if helpful. Regards Ed

I'm looking for a method to replicate the content of a database from one standalone ACS to another. I am not looking for a failover solution.

The difference is that I want UK people to authenticate to the UK server first, and I want US people to authenticate to the US server first.

Does that make sense, or am I just not understanding something?

Hi,

This is a replication solution.

The fail-over is only on the device end for example:

US router-->US ACS then UK ACS (if you want to)

UK router-->UK ACS then US ACS (if you want to)

Regards

Ed

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality. --Dalai Lama** Please Rate if helpful. Regards Ed

Yes..but the question is how to I replicate the databases between the ACS devices? If I add a device on the US ACS, is there a way for it to be added to the UK ACS as well if they aren't in a failover cluster?

The straightforward answer would be "no", unless they are joined, they won't replicate data.

But, the term used "failover cluster" in not right.

ACS 5 boxes in primary secondary are only replicating active -active devices.

Regards

Ed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: