cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TACAS++ maximum length Password

Milan Rai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone recently we have installed TACAS server for all kinds of authentation. What i came to face is that when i configured enable mode password on ASA 5520 or 5510.......maximum length this password is of 8 character but i need to more character......What should i be doing????

10 Replies 10

Gurpreet Puri
Level 1
Level 1

HI Milan,

I hope of you are talking about TACACS+ server which is Cisco ACS 4.X

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.1/configuration/guide/pwpolicy.html#wp999514

Please follow the above link.

Regards,
Gurpreet S Puri

Keep Smiling, Peace :)

(Please Rate Helpful Post)

Regards, Gurpreet S Puri **************************** Keep Smiling, Peace :) **************************** (Please Rate Helpful Post)

Gurpreet Puri
Level 1
Level 1

and for configuring Configuring AAA Servers and the Local Database in ASA 5200 series and password policies, Please follow the below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/configuration/guide/access_aaa.html

Regards,
Gurpreet S Puri

Keep Smiling, Peace

Regards, Gurpreet S Puri **************************** Keep Smiling, Peace :) **************************** (Please Rate Helpful Post)

Expect giving me the Links can you plz directly answer what should be my step.............I already cheked out those links....but bit confused............We should be working on Tacas server or on the ASA......

On ASA, type the command:

password-policy minimum-length value

Example:

hostname(config)# password-policy minimum-length 8

You can even specify how many minimum special characters, numeric, lower-case & upper-case character you required.

password-policy minimum-lowercase value

password-policy minimum-numeric value

password-policy minimum-special value

password-policy minimum-uppercase value

Regards,
Gurpreet S Puri

Keep Smiling, Peace

I am so sorry Gurpreet.....i dont have #password-policy        available on my ASA..........just passwd is availabe.....May i know...why is that so.......

Please let me know the version of the ASA?

Regards,
Gurpreet S Puri

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.2(5)

Device Manager Version 6.4(5)

New Features for ASA Version 8.4(4.1) support for password policy and password change.

This means to support for password change your current ASA require updation.

Regards,
Gurpreet S Puri

Keep Smiling, Peace

that means we have to conclude that......ASA Version 8.2 (5) by default supports password of length 8 character..>????

Is that what you mean to say????

Yes, Password-policy command is required to change the minimum length of the password which is supported by version 8.4(4.1).

No such feature is supported by 8.2 (5).

For details have a look into below link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/configuration/guide/intro_intro.html

Please rate helpful post.

Regards,
Gurpreet S Puri

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: