cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP not working with ISE. GUI only

teamdv6199
Level 1
Level 1

I have a TPT server using solar winds and I want to back up ISE configs. For server name I put the IP and for path i put //ip/. I hit validate and I get " Repository validation is not supported for TFTP/HTTP/HTTPS protocol" Is there something im missing? I even tried the generate key pairs and nothing happened. I dont have access to the CLI.

Or is there a way to download it just to my computer? fromt he GUI.

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Possible : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwd31524

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

@marce1000:  The bug ID you cited is with sFTP, not TFTP.  The OP has issue with TFTP.

- I was aware of that , but because of the error it was worth poining to.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As stated in the Admin Guide...
"For backup and restore operations, the following repository types are not supported: CD-ROM, HTTP, HTTPS, or TFTP. This is because, either these repository types are read-only or the protocol does not support file listing."

To perform an on-demand or scheduled backup, you will need to use a supported repository type such as FTP, SFTP, or NFS.

There is no way to perform a backup directly to your computer through the browser.

I use FileZilla FTP server on my PC. You can use this to get a local backup. I mainly use to transfer config to switches etc.

What is the procedure you use for this? as every solution looks like it requires you to generate SSH keys which I do not have access to the CLI. No one knows the password or username 

No real process, install the filezilla server, create a user/pass and set the default dir.

if you use it say via CLI, then it's like copy ftp://user:pass@IP/filename flash:

in ISE, set it up like any other FTP server, should not need any SSH keys.