cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble Adding User in Secure ACS

Vic48
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to create a local ssh read-only account and set it up on Secure ACS, but haven't had any luck. I've created a user, but the credentials don't work. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would open a TAC case, but support has expired.

Thanks!

acs01/admin# sh ver

Cisco Application Deployment Engine OS Release: 2.0
ADE-OS Build Version: 2.0.3.062
ADE-OS System Architecture: i386

Copyright (c) 2005-2011 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Hostname: acs01

Version information of installed applications
---------------------------------------------

Cisco ACS VERSION INFORMATION
-----------------------------
Version : 5.4.0.46.0a
Internal Build ID : B.221

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately at this time the issue has completely evolved to another issue. We are no longer having an issue with adding the user account because in the process of updating the service selection rules the ACS encountered a system failure which wiped out the rules. I'm going to be opening a new discussion.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if the user only required you need to use different rights. also suggest to look at the logs while user try to login, this will give indication what is wrong.

do you also have AD based user authentication configured ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Vic48
Level 1
Level 1

Funny you mentioned AD because the ACS is configured for AD authorization. Perhaps this is why the account I created doesn't work. Is it possible to have AD authentication enabled as well as other types at the same time?

Thanks for the response!

Hi,

I trust you must be doing well.

Yes, it can have both internal identity (local users) and external (AD). Even if you configure authentication from AD, it should not stop you from creating a new internal user.

Could you please share the exact error? and logged-in user's permissions?

Regards,

Barinder Singh Ghuman

Cheers,
Barinder Singh Ghuman

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately at this time the issue has completely evolved to another issue. We are no longer having an issue with adding the user account because in the process of updating the service selection rules the ACS encountered a system failure which wiped out the rules. I'm going to be opening a new discussion.

Thanks again!