Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect to desktop using Juniper switch

dgaikwad
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Experts,
I am integrating the Juniper 2200EX running JunOS 15.1r with ISE ver 2.6
While the authentication via dot1x goes well and the endpoint gets the IP address. The final access is just permit access in authz profile.
When I try to take a remote desktop from this dot1x enabled port another endpoint, the loses its IP address. The moment I close the remote connection, the endpoint regains the IP address. But, remote desktop is able to take remote of the endpoints which are on non dot1x ports on the same switch.
There are no ACLs assigned on the interface and access VLAN is applied on the interface.
I have followed the default configuration from communities from here (https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-third-party-nad-profiles-and-configs/ta-p/3648719)

I am not sure what I am missing, any insights would be really appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Hey dgaikwad,

Are you permitting all traffic in authz profile? If specific, can you please share your authz profile settings.

Are you facing issues with Remote desktop connection only? What about the other traffic?

Also can you please share your switch logs at the time you are testing Remote desktop connection and endpoint is losing it's IP.  

Spooster IT Services Team