cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to load Context Visibility page.

yilmazaydintr
Level 1
Level 1

If you don't see counters on the Cisco ISE dashboard and receive the message "Unable to load Context Visibility page. Exception: Elasticsearch exception [type=search_phase_execution_exception, reason=all shards failed]," you can follow the procedure below. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine-23/213610-ise-2-3-rest-sync-context-visibility.html

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I did this exact procedure on ISE version 3.3 patch 3 and it did NOT delete any endpoints.

There could be bug around this feature I'm not aware of, so always good to have a backup.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Does that procedure apply to any version of ISE ? What about version 3.3 ?

Thanks

Yes. That applies to all ISE versions...

I applied to version 3.2.0 and it worked. It should work for 3.3 in my opinion. 

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is also a video about it: ▷ ISE: Reset Context Visibility

dimitrirosas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. process seems very clear after looking at the video. Now when you go through the process, will all the endpoint in context visibility page will be deleted?

All the endpoints will remains, only the visibility will be reset, this fixes the cosmetic issue without touching the actual endpoint database.

So even though the process shows this message 

This will remove all data from Context Visibility. Do you want to proceed [y/n]: y

No endpoint is deleted?

I did this exact procedure on ISE version 3.3 patch 3 and it did NOT delete any endpoints.

There could be bug around this feature I'm not aware of, so always good to have a backup.