cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web page cannot login to ACS server

eigrpy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi I install ACS 5.- in vmware workstation. SecureCRT can login to the ACS and can show running-config through SSH. But I cannot login its web page. When I entered username and password(acsadmin/password), I got error message "invalid username or password specified". Even if I set up a new ACS vm, I still have the same issue.  Anyone can give some suggestion? Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, you need to set it via GUI only. CLI can be used to create cli admin accounts. Username for GUI and CLI are different.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

If this is a new setup then use password as default

UN = acsadmin

PWD = default

Change your password and login with new password.

Then you need to install license.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thank you so much for your reply. I am using trial version, and I do not have license. The below link is its protocol.

Change your password and login with new password.

I can login through SSH with username/password which I created when installing ACS. Apparently this username and password is different with the username/passord for web access. So do you think I can change the web's username/password or create new one through the SSH access? I tried it, but it did not work. When I tried to create new username/password, it is different with router

admin/admin(config)# username ABC password plain ABCD role ?
admin Specifies user with administrative role privileges
user Specifies user with read-only role privileges

https://ethernuno.wordpress.com/2014/04/01/install-cisco-acs-v5-4-for-gns3/

No, you need to set it via GUI only. CLI can be used to create cli admin accounts. Username for GUI and CLI are different.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thank you