cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When export endpoints using CSV frm ISE template, which necessary fields ONLY shld I edit?

getaway51
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, I tried to use import and export functions in CV. I download the template. then i fill in the first three fields namely MACaddress, EndPointPolicy and IdentityGroup. Shld I fill in all others because when i import frm the existing group, i can see those like Total Certainty factors, EndPointGroup,etc all has values? Shld I fill in or all others shld be there by default? If possible also, i choose not to fill in EndPointPolicy, because normally it leave it as the default value when detected during monitor mode. I really need to know which field ONLY shld i insert value in the ISE template. Pls pls enligthen and help me!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, that would work. Import Endpoints from CSV Files shows the others are optional.

After the first row, only the values for MAC addresses are required.

For example, we may have a CSV as below. The first endpoint will be dynamically profiled and grouped while the 2nd endpoint statically assigned to myGroup1.

MACAddress, EndPointPolicy, IdentityGroup

11:11:11:11:11:11,,

11:11:11:11:11:12,,myGroup1

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I suggest only filling what you need to. Also remember that if your setting an identity group to also mark the static identity group column as true. It can also be helpful to set a description.

You do not have to fill every column.

Hi,

If i only fill in mac address and IdentityGroup, StaticGroupAssignment and the rest i leave it empty, is it workable? And i notice tht the device endpoint will be Marked as True thereafter.

Yes, that would work. Import Endpoints from CSV Files shows the others are optional.

After the first row, only the values for MAC addresses are required.

For example, we may have a CSV as below. The first endpoint will be dynamically profiled and grouped while the 2nd endpoint statically assigned to myGroup1.

MACAddress, EndPointPolicy, IdentityGroup

11:11:11:11:11:11,,

11:11:11:11:11:12,,myGroup1