Views
Helpful
Replies

when we use L-ISE-VM-K9 license

adelmohammad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Cisco ISE can be downloaded with an Eval License for 90 days from cisco website.

**What's different between the ISE download from cisco website and L-ISE-VM-K9 license??

**And do I need the purchase L-ISE-VM-K9 license to install Cisco ISE on an ESXi ?

I know, ISE license (e.g. Base License) is needed.

Thanks a lot.

7 Replies 7

The EVAL-license is only for testing. If in production, you need the ISE-VM license for each virtual appliance that you operate in addition to the Base/Plus/Apex endpoint-licenses.

Do mean must change the ISE VM installed with evaluation license for testing to NEW ISE VM "L-ISE-VM-K9" When I move in a production.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Adding to what Karsten correctly answered, the L-ISE-VM-K9 part number is the one to which your Smartnet service contract for ISE is attached.

I have a part number how can attached to Smartnet service

Generally your partner reseller or Cisco Account Manager is the best source for part numbers and especially contract part numbers as they may vary according to your country and customer type in addition to the level of service you require.

In the US, the normal part number for a support contract on the ISE-VM-K9 (or R-ISE-VM-K9 for eDelivery) SKU is "CON-ECMU-ISEVM". The ordering process also specifies the term (length) of the support contract (normally 1, 3 or 5 years although custom terms can also be done).

thanks you for help , I installed ISE VM downloaded from cisco website for evaluation,

then I purchase (R-ISE-VM-K9 for eDelivery) and I have pdf document for that. I don't have idea how to register this VM .

what is standard process??

Should  I buy (R-ISE-VM-K9 for eDelivery) THEN download ISE from cisco.?

The downloaded image (ova file) is the same whether it is for evaluation or production use. So there's no preferred or correct way.

When you purchased the R-ISE-VM-K9, your reseller should have recommended including the support contract. Please check with them to confirm.

If they neglected to do so, then ask for them to in a separate order.

You also need to add the licenses for Base, Plus and/or Apex as needed for your number of endpoints and features. There are also the Device Management (TACACS), Mobility and ISE Express license types to consider.

Again, your reseller is the best source for all of this. For resellers reading this, please refer to either the ISE Ordering Guide or the partner helpdesk for sales-related questions.