Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Converged Access and ISE 2.0 compatibility

lvanwaye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

According to the wlan compatibility matrix (table 9) converged access is not supported with ISE 2.0.

Cisco Wireless Solutions Software Compatibility Matrix - Cisco

Can you confirm this and what exactly is not supported ?

If I look at the "Cisco Identity Services Engine Network Component Compatibility, Release 2.0"
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-0/compatibility/ise_sdt.html
The Catalyst 3850 from release IOS-XE 3.6.3 supports all the ISE functions present in the table.

Cheers,

Lennert Van Wayenberg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lennert,

The first compatibility matrix you referenced is put out by the wireless team and it is based on their findings during QA testing.  Based on that matrix, it appears they didn't test ISE 2.0 which might explain why it isn't listed.  The second matrix is published by the BU that owns ISE and shows its findings.  I recommend reaching out to the wireless team for more information on why ISE 2.0 isn't listed in their matrix.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lennert,

The first compatibility matrix you referenced is put out by the wireless team and it is based on their findings during QA testing.  Based on that matrix, it appears they didn't test ISE 2.0 which might explain why it isn't listed.  The second matrix is published by the BU that owns ISE and shows its findings.  I recommend reaching out to the wireless team for more information on why ISE 2.0 isn't listed in their matrix.

Regards,

-Tim