Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5500 and ISE

ngtransge
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am going to deploy Cisco ISE with WLC 5500. I have two kinds of users one for which I want to deploy just open access Wi-Fi network, without working with Cisco ISE and Second group of Users for which I want to deploy Cisco ISE services like advanced authentication, posture and profiling. For both users I have just one WLC. Is there any problem to just deploy two SSID one for open access (without Cisco ISE) and second Secure with Cisco ISE ?

5 Replies 5

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't see any issues as we have two different SSID's.

You may go through the below listed link, in case you need some further help.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080bba10d.shtml

Jatin Katyal
- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

Thank you for helping,

Let see if anyway else has this kind of experience.

One thing I would add. On ISE you may not want to use the snmp query probe. If you do it will profile all your guest machines.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

There is no problem at all you can configure two SSID with single WLC. But you need to remember that you can not use SNMP query prob as George suggested. For more detail you can see the attached PDF.

Thank you for helping.

I have read your proposed document, but didn't understand details beside SNMP probes.

The reason I don't want to enable ISE authentication/profiling and posture for guest is that I don't have enough licenses for all guests. I am planning to create separate SSID for guest which will have just open “authentication” without any key or ISE. In this case why ISE will profile guest users, it even doesn’t be associated with this WLAN profile?