Views
Helpful
Replies

WOL not working with ise

GlynnNewey0470
Level 1
Level 1

wol not working with ISE authentication

We have had wake on lan working without ISE authentication, since the desktops have been linked to ise we can no longer use wake on lan to turn on the relevant machines

The machines have been added to ISE using mab authentication no issues what so ever, they move onto the correct vlan, the only thing that does work is wol

I have seen using the command on the relevant port, before the authentication part of the port config

is there anything else I need to be aware of (guessing a lot more than just the command below)

authentication control-direction in

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if this thread is helpful :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/can-wol-work-while-port-configured-to-authenticate-through-ise/m-p/2822816

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Tried authentication control-direction in still no luck

switchport access vlan xxxx

switchport mode access

authentication control-direction in

authentication host-mode multi-domain

authentication order mab dot1x

notice that mab is the first not dot1x 

Guessing its something to do with that

- I have moved this to Network Access Control

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

IEEE 802.1x Authentication with Wake-on-LAN has a note that PortFast needs enabled on the port.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: