cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firewall and IDS/IPS

makefe05
Level 1
Level 1

My question is that I am about to purchase a Cisco 5525X firewall. I have to implement an IDS/IPS solution as well? Does the 5525X firewall have the option to configure IDS/IPS in its IOS? Do i have to buy a different device in order for me to implement my IDS/IPS solution? I am looking for an upscale technology solution for this implementation. What is the best Firewall/IDS/IPS solution for a network? 

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

5525-X do support FirePower Service Module.

but my suggestion, soon or later 55XX-X going to be end of Life 

Look for FTD 10XX  Model for Longer to protect Return of investment.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/firepower-1000-series/tsd-products-support-series-home.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for your answer.

do i have a followup question: Is the Firepower a replacement for the 5525x that can also perform IDS/IPS? meaning do i have to get both the 5525x and the firepower to implement a firewall and IDS/IPS functions? dos the Firepower do both the firewall and the IDS/IPS functions?

Thanks

By Default 5525X not come with IDS/IPS - you need to have FP module achieve the solution.

New Firepower model i have suggested was replacement of ASA with FTD, which has Firewall +IDS +IPS (depends on License you purchase).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help