cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2960x OS upgrade: how to confirm checksum represents uncorrupted OS?

Hello.

I am performing an OS upgrade of a 2960x. I have downloaded the new OS into the device. I want to verify that this download did not suffer corruption.
I executed "#verify /md5 flash: c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-7.E7.bin
Verify filename []? c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-7.E7.bin
"

Below is the output of this command...

"...Done!
%Error verifying flash:c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-7.E7.bin
Computed signature = 1b3781db619dcce6a2677628acc15439
Submitted signature = c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-7.e7.b"

(It seems I have a syntax issue at "verify filename". I don't care about that.)

Question: How do I confirm this checksum 1b3781db619dcce6a2677628acc15439 represents an uncorrupted OS?
Cisco literature says there exists a cisco.com/ location to verify, but I cannot locate this page.
(I read some documentation that states the "#verify" command actually contacts Cisco.com to verify? I currently don't believe this.)

Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

On the  Cisco download page, if you rover the mouse over the file you download, it will show you the check sum. Just like below.

md5.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello,

On the  Cisco download page, if you rover the mouse over the file you download, it will show you the check sum. Just like below.

md5.png

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@jmaxwellUSAF wrote:
I am performing an OS upgrade of a 2960x. I have downloaded the new OS into the device. I want to verify that this download did not suffer corruption.

This is a two- or three-step process and very archaic. 

Use the command "archive download-sw" and the process will perform a quick hash check at the end of the process.  If the TAR file is corrupt, the process will stop and the files will be deleted.  The same command will also change the boot variable statement using the correct syntax.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card