cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3850 flash oddities files there or not there?

ray4x4x4
Level 1
Level 1

first some background.  Switch had a emergency-installation of version 3.6.6 after a failed upgrade from version 3.2.2.

In the process of doing the upgrade, the flash was supposedly erased.

When I dir flash:, flash-1, or flash-2, it all seems to jive with what one would expect with just a single software install.  

however, as I am rebuilding the setup, I wanted to copy over a couple of .tcl's to flash: that were handy from the last time.  I get messages that the files exist, yet they do not show up on dir.  when I move files from USB to flash: it says it is successful but again never shows in dir. What am I missing? I hate to put it back on line when there is a question about what you see is not what you get.

4 Replies 4

ray4x4x4
Level 1
Level 1

more info:

After running software clean, I get a "no files to clean" message.

Copying files from USB to flash: it reports files exist.  Copying from flash: back to USB it says the same files do not exist. Copying a new file to flash (in any location) from USB says it was successful, however no file shows in dir.

Is it possible to have some kind of virtualized flash storage someplace? if there was a virtual-service ova I would think it to be wiped out with the emergency install. Virtual-service does not show up in configuration. 

Also this: I saw that there was some virtual services options under the ROMMON mode (OpenFlow etc.) I wanted to check out.  However, I cannot seem to get into privileged switch mode.

switch: version
CAT3K_CAA Boot Loader (CAT3K_CAA-HBOOT-M) Version 4.68, RELEASE SOFTWARE (P)
Compiled Fri Aug 25 16:01:01 PDT 2017 by rel

switch: enable
Unknown cmd: enable.

The prompt shows that you are still in ROMmon.

Yes, 

however when I ran "?" at the "switch:" prompt,  "enable" was shown as an option but would not run.

after doing several versions of erase, and setups, I was able to get a clean running Stack again.

no enable at switch: prompt.

earlier when I ran Cisco Network Assistant, it would not connect giving a SSL error.

Now connects just fine.

USB is copying files to flash: 

All is right with the world again.