cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3850 local login failed

jsdonna755
Level 1
Level 1

Ok maybe some can help me. I had a rookie new employee configure a cisco 3850 switch. His credentials say other wise...... Anyway he configured consol line 0 4 vty 5 15. for telnet\ssh log ins but he forgot to add users. This is not the hard part. I have WIFI, phones, and bio metric on this switch. I can not log in locally or through serial cable. No users are in the switch. I can not bring down switch as this is our main phone line switch. Is there a way to recover login accounts without resetting switch? The switch does prompt me for username and passwords but I have tried all accounts I know and have setup for that switch none of them work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Estimated,

Unfortunately you will not be able to log into the switch If you don't do the "password recovery" procedure, instead of change the enable password you have to create the user or eliminate the "login local" command from the console and vty lines.

Please do not forget to rate useful post.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Estimated,

Unfortunately you will not be able to log into the switch If you don't do the "password recovery" procedure, instead of change the enable password you have to create the user or eliminate the "login local" command from the console and vty lines.

Please do not forget to rate useful post.

Best Regards,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card