cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6500 inventory fails on LMS 3.2

drew.salmon
Level 1
Level 1

I have a handful of 6500 that I cannot get inventoried successfully; however, some 6500s are inventoried successfully. I am running LMS 3.2. I have confirmed the SSH & SNMP credentials are correct. I did a device update in CS, but still no inventory. I deleted one device from CS & added it back; after that, inventory fails. Attached is the log output of a failed inventory attempt & LMS version screenshot. Some direction on this would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices and edit the device attributes for these failing 6500s.  Increase the SNMP timeout to 10 seconds, then save your changes on both the settings pop-up and the previous screen.  That should allow inventory collection to work.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices and edit the device attributes for these failing 6500s.  Increase the SNMP timeout to 10 seconds, then save your changes on both the settings pop-up and the previous screen.  That should allow inventory collection to work.

Thank you for the prompt response. I did as you suggested and it did not seem to work on the devices I need it to. Interesting note, the devices I am having an issue with are all running a 12.2(33)SXI version of code. The others are running 12.2(33)SXF or H, and there are no issues with them as far as I can tell. I can fix a 12.2(33)SXI device by doing the following: delete from CS, add back to CS, increase SNMP timeout, & run inventory against it. Of course, this is not my preference because i lose the config change history of the device. Attached is a log showing all the failures. Please advise.

SIDE NOTE: In the Device Center view, why do I see last inventory & last archive on some devices, but not others?

Thank you,

Drew

Sorry Joe, I should have known your response was dead on & I should learn to follow all of the directions. Because there were multiple devices failing, I did an inline edit on all of them. It works a little different like that, and I failed to do the apply, after successfully modifying all the SNMP timeout values via inline edit. As usual, you are correct; now it is working for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: