cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP Name not displayed in Prime Infrastructure New Maps

Cov-Uni
Level 1
Level 1

I have upgraded to PI v3.7.0.0.159 and have tried adding some Cisco 3802i APs to the map.  I select the floor plan, go to Edit, use the filter to search for the APs for that floor, all of the APs, along with their names appear in the list.  I click Select All and then Add Selected and the APs appear on the map but only some of them show their names, the rest have N/A where the name should be.

Troubleshooting: I have done the following:

Tried deleting the APs and Adding them again, doesn't resolve issue;

Re-synchronising Prime to the WLCs, doesn't resolve;

Tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge to see if this is a browser issue, doesn't resolve.

Anyone seen this problem before, I cannot find anything on any searches I've tried?  I attach a screenshot.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if they showing the name when you selected, and not showing in the map and N/A ?

then try to put them in the area of of the map real location  and check (may be thinking this due to out of boundaries) - never seen this issue.

or this could be bug :

https://quickview.cloudapps.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCvu67333

you need to uplift to 3.9 or 3.10 is good to go.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi BB

Sorry for the delayed response.  I have actually figured out what is going on.  When designing my WLANs I provide a lot of bandwidth in the 5GHz band, using Flexible Radio Assignment in some areas to do this.  Furthermore, as some areas have a high density of APs, I put some of the 2.4GHz radios into Monitor mode to allow for some useful data to be captured, but keeping co-channel contention to a minimum.  It appears that the N/A only appears during the initial placing of the AP on the site plan, or afterwards when you select 2.4GHz from the drop down menu as the band of interest.  The name suddenly appears when you select 5GHz or 2.4and5GHz.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Regards

TW

Glad you able to find the solution and appriciated input for the users.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Vass86
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, sorry to dig out this toppic but I've got the very same problem with PI 3.10.1 and all my C9115AXI. But nothing happend more when I change to 2.4 then 5Ghz again. I've still N/A instead of the AP Name or Whateever I decide to show.

Hi

The AP name will only appear if the AP radio for that view is operational. If for example you have an AP with its 2.4GHz radio disabled or in Monitor mode you will get the N/A when viewing AP Names and have the 2.4GHz view selected. Select 5GHz view and the name will appear.

Vass86
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Thanks for the answer,

However, 5Ghz is operational on thoses Acces Point. I can see that in my WLC 9800 CL Controler or on prime through Interfaces in Device Details of the AP.