cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM

Dan Smith
Level 1
Level 1

I'm wondering about the minimum requirement for this server, can we change the drive options to SSD

Server Option

Image Format

Bare metal/ISO

Hardware Specifications

CPU (cores)

Memory

64GB

Note   

For a multi-host hardware deployment (2 or 3 hosts) only 32GB of RAM is required for each host.

Disk Capacity

500GB of available/usable storage after hardware RAID

RAID Level

Hardware-based RAID at RAID Level 10

CPU Speed

2.4 GHz

Disk I/O Speed

200 MBps

Network Adapter

Note   

A single network adapter or network interface controller (NIC) is the minimum requirement. For security, we recommend that you use and configure two NICs on the server. See Security in the Limitations and Restrictions section of the release notes for additional information.

Networking

Web Access

Required

Browser

The following browsers are supported when viewing and working with the Cisco APIC-EM:

• Google Chrome, version 46 or later

Could we use the following.

SSD drives in Raid5 or Raid1 rather than Raid10? These will provide much better performance than traditional disks and should be approximately the same cost as it would be to get the slower disks with Raid10.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

As long as the disk I/O is 200 Mbps i don't think it matters what type of disks you use or RAID type.  RAID 10 is listed because you get performance and redundancy.  The performance is the most important piece.  If you can get 200 Mbps with SSD in RAID 5 go for it.  When you install it will test the disk configuration and tell you what the performance is.