Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM

Not applicable

Is it possible to change the default port that the APIC-EM uses to connect to devices via SSH?  I have a customer that doesn't use the default port of 22 and they would like to change this to their unique port.

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/application-policy-infrastructure-controller-enterprise-module/1-5-x/install/b_apic_em_install_guide_v_1-5-x/b_apic_em_install_guide_v_1-5-x_chapter_0100.pdf

= The above document seems to indicate that this not possible (search for all instances of '22') ; anyway tell the customer that this does not increase security but decreases it. Any tool , including, CISCO APIC-EM, would have a valid right to not wanting to make a connection to a host/random-port which must be, following internet standards,and port assignments, considered as being forced to make a trust-relation to something that can not be trusted.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '