log config

logging enable

logging size 10

notify syslog contenttype plaintext

hidekeys

path tftp://IP.IP.IP.IP/path/$h.cfg

now show archive shows me following:

sh archive:

The next archive file will be named tftp://IP.IP.IP.IP/path/hostname.cfg-<timestamp>-0

a) what if i do not wish to have the timestamp appended?

if i specify the path like following i can atleast choose where the timestamp is inserted:

path tftp://IP.IP.IP.IP/path/$h__$t.cfg

now the file received on the tftp server looks like the following:

hostname__Jul--1-18-48-20.cfg-0

i don't like the format, is there any way to change or set it manually?

if not, i come back to question a), can i somehow turn it off?

thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bad news all around.  First, the archive code now always inserts the timestamp.  The timestamp format cannot be changed.

View solution in original post

I could not find any requests or bugs relating to making the date format customizable.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Bad news all around.  First, the archive code now always inserts the timestamp.  The timestamp format cannot be changed.

thanks joseph,

do you know if there are plans in order to have a customizable timestamp format such as

dd/mm/yyyy MIN/SEC done via variables?

thank you

I could not find any requests or bugs relating to making the date format customizable.

thanks for looking it up, much appreciated.

The overall s***y format cannot be changed, but the 'service timestamps log' can change some of what gets logged.

I would find the people responsible and fire them.  While I commend the adding of a timestamp, the absolute lack of control over it's format and usage is absolutely horrible.  Who in their right mind thinks that's a good format? Add to it, there's no way to turn off the now completely unnecessary revision tag. (the "-#" at the end.)

If I had a covered (read: non-EOL'd) device, you bet there'd be bugs logged against it.