Assistance Needed for Logical Design in Cisco Packet Tracer

finley
Level 1
Level 1
3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I used the project from you other post. 

You can have connectivify among devices as you can see.

View solution in original post

Yeah you can remove those devices not in use. For example TVs are not good devices for this kind of project as it does not permit connection to network devices. Use only PCs and phones or any other device in which you can configure IP address and interface.

About the guide, I dont have a specific guide for you but the best way to learn here would be you open the project I shared, compare the configuration with your previous project and observe how I did and do the same.

Take the "show running-config" output from each Router, paste in a notepad and go through each like and see how things are built. Then, try to apply in your project to a new project.

Hi

Now you have internet. At least considering the limitation of the simulator. I added two servers more on the topology. One of them is a DNS server. DNS server is key when talking about internet. Whenn you go to your browser and type www.google.com the DNS server translate it to an IP address in order to the network devices undestand what the user want.

I also added another server which represent the Google site. You can go to any device, open the browser, type www.google.com that you are going to receive a simple page sent by the server called www.google.com

This is closest you can get for internet here on this simulator.

FlavioMiranda_0-1685406935928.png

5 Replies 5

Hi

I used the project from you other post. 

You can have connectivify among devices as you can see.

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out, and I appreciate your efforts in using the project from my previous post.

To further clarify, based on the attached file you shared, should I remove the other end devices that are not currently connected? Since I'm not familiar with configuring devices for simultaneous and problem-free flow, I want to ensure that I am following the correct steps.

In addition, if possible, could you provide a more detailed step-by-step tutorial or instructions on how to achieve seamless connectivity among the devices? Your guidance and a clear set of instructions would be tremendously helpful for me to successfully configure the network and address any potential issues that may arise.

I truly appreciate your willingness to assist and provide additional guidance. Your support is invaluable in helping me understand the configuration process better.

Thank you once again for your time and patience. If you have any further insights, instructions, or resources that could aid me in this endeavor, please do share.

Yeah you can remove those devices not in use. For example TVs are not good devices for this kind of project as it does not permit connection to network devices. Use only PCs and phones or any other device in which you can configure IP address and interface.

About the guide, I dont have a specific guide for you but the best way to learn here would be you open the project I shared, compare the configuration with your previous project and observe how I did and do the same.

Take the "show running-config" output from each Router, paste in a notepad and go through each like and see how things are built. Then, try to apply in your project to a new project.

SOLVED

Hi

Now you have internet. At least considering the limitation of the simulator. I added two servers more on the topology. One of them is a DNS server. DNS server is key when talking about internet. Whenn you go to your browser and type www.google.com the DNS server translate it to an IP address in order to the network devices undestand what the user want.

I also added another server which represent the Google site. You can go to any device, open the browser, type www.google.com that you are going to receive a simple page sent by the server called www.google.com

This is closest you can get for internet here on this simulator.

FlavioMiranda_0-1685406935928.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card