cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Assistance with configuring end devices in a packet tracer

chenmel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I believe I am posting this in the right discussion board. If not, please direct me where this inquiry would be more suitable. There are a series of packets tracers on Cisco's Networking Academy for candidates to complete, but where can those candidates link up with mentors or coaches to get guidance on completing the tasks in the packet tracer activities. I am aware of tutorial videos and such, but is there a way we could use this discussion thread as a walkthrough of each of the packet tracer activities so other candidates can have an easier time of getting equipped with the skills to begin handling network management. I'm beginning to get word of a need for more people to fill jobs in cybersecurity, networking, and IT, so my hope is finding a way to translate the material so it's more personable and accessible for a wider audience. I'll list the packet tracer activities that I'd like direction and guidance from experienced Cisco Network Administrators on how to convey the important commands to memorize and learn for each skill flex these drills are meant to equip a networker's cyberneurophysiology with. 

- Packet Tracer 10.3.4 Connect a Router to a LAN

- Packet Tracer 10.3.5 Troubleshoot Default Gateway Issues

- Packet Tracer 10.4.3 Basic Device Configuration

- Activity - 11.3.7 Public or Private IPv4 Address

- Packet Tracer 11.5.5 Subnet an IPv4 Network

- Activity - 11.6.5 Calculate the Subnet Mask

- Activity - 11.7.4 Determine the Number of Bits to Borrow 

- Activity - 11.8.6 VLSM Practice

- Packet Tracer 11.9.3 VLSM Design and Implementation Practice

- Packet Tracer 11.10.1 Design and Implement a VLSM Addressing Scheme

- Packet Tracer 12.6.6 Configure IPv6 Addressing

- Packet Tracer 12.9.1 Implement a Subnetted IPv6 Addressing Scheme

- Packet Tracer 13.2.6 Verify IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing

- Packet Tracer 13.2.7 Use Ping and Traceroute to Test Network Connectivity

- Packet Tracer 16.4.6 Configure Secure Passwords and SSH

- Network Application Communications

- Packet Tracer 16.5.1 Secure Network Devices

- Packet Tracer 17.5.9 Interpret Show Command Output

- Packet Tracer 17.7.6 Troubleshoot Connectivity Issues

- Packet Tracer 17.8.2 Skills Integration Challenge 

- Packet Tracer 17.8.3 Troubleshooting Challenge

- Practice Packet Tracer Skills Assessment 

- Skill Based Assessment Packet Tracer

Thank you in advance for any feedback you can reply with. I'm trying to gather together a group of charismatic and passionate guides, coaches, and mentors for my F.U.E.L. Ops online channel as a veteran-led initiative to get our community members equipped with the cyberweaponry and defense tools, technologies and tactics of the post-modern world life experience. For many of us that have operated in cybercryptotech contracts and assignments since our military service, the cybersphere has become an extension of our kinesioneurophysiological circuitry and respond to the throughput of our bandwidth as is being shown in some scientific inquiry into cryptocurrency research studies. As these new ecosystems of fiscal sustainability form and solidify for the next generation of ninjas and samurais, which we can now deem as diplomats and spies, I am seeking fellow senseis to join my dojo of - Ai Kun Do. After completing a decade of freelance commitments in Silicon Valley via my short-lived omegasis.ninja domain, I have cast a SOLMAIA.NET as a diving board into other cyberarenas that serve as platforms for developing everyday average talent into cyberdruids, technoshamans and elec-ta'irs ('ta'ir being the Arabic word for Eagle) that are now a necessity in the world of industry and to preserve the code of capitalism that has come to mean what it is to be an American. As a U.S. citizen, my development of Freedom, Union, Equality, Liberty Operations Post Squads is aimed at basing our hubs throughout America's communities to protect our power grid and supply chain management and logistic systems. Please comment back and get rolling through this exercise thread to get this leg of the project started. Thank you, and God blessed America with the Manifest Destiny we grasp in our hands with each stroke of our keyboards. Let's bless the citizens of the U.S.A. and our global neighbors back is all I ask with this correspondence track. Good night, and happy hooting! ^__^

Respectfully, 

CHEN MEL

Natural Living Clerk/BU Scan Coordinator at Fresh Thyme Markets

Student Ambassador at Clark State College

Public Relations Officer for Alpha Nu Lambda chapter of Phi Theta Kappa

contender in National Cyber League and candidate in numerous training operations as cosmiknight-ck.o'meiguo

NLC, PTK PRO, SA&VE
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

MichaelMcCoy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Chenmel,

I do not know of a place to get what you are looking for, but I am also studying for my CCNA and would be interested/willing to work through these together.  We could both learn from one another at the same time.  I used udemy.com, and purchased some CCNA lab exercises, and we could share resources.  

Let me know what you think, and if you decide against it, I still wish you all the luck in the world.

Michael 

View solution in original post

Hello,

you can ask any networking related question here. Lots of people post questions about projects they are doing in Packet Tracer. The best way to get the fastest results is to post a zipped copy of the Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file together with the question.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

MichaelMcCoy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Chenmel,

I do not know of a place to get what you are looking for, but I am also studying for my CCNA and would be interested/willing to work through these together.  We could both learn from one another at the same time.  I used udemy.com, and purchased some CCNA lab exercises, and we could share resources.  

Let me know what you think, and if you decide against it, I still wish you all the luck in the world.

Michael 

Salutations, MichaelMcCoy, 

Thank you kindly for your prompt reply. After speaking with my Professor and getting her permission to follow through with posting my homework walkthroughs on my tumblr blog and vlog channels and distributing through university discord servers, she calmed me down and reassured me that Cisco's Networking Academy provides a safe virtual environment for completing the exercises but she's also willing to provide me a space in my college's computer labs on their provider's network to upload my flash drive files from my laptop locked in airplane mode to their servers through the assigned end device I will be seated at for my course submission and subsequent proctored examination. I will still be posting updates in real time to my blog set aside for the bulk of my Cybersecurity/Information Assurance Associate's program assignments: cosmiknight1nln3prtct-prdct1srvc.tumblr.com. We can continue to correspond here, there, or via the LLC I work for's telecommuter email address - cisa.hughmoore@yandex.com. Thank you again for being willing to collaborate on this project as a fellow student and networking peer. ^__^ The moore, the merrier!

Respectfully, 

MEL, CHEN MEL.

pleased to meet yer

NLC, PTK PRO, SA&VE

Hello again, Michael, 

I'm beginning to use Microsoft's Enterprise applications more and exploring the expanded features from the Office Suite I'm familiar with. If you still wanted to collaborate on an instructional series to present for future students of Cisco NetAcademy satellite stations, here's an invite link to my Cosmiknight profile's chat room (Hope to see you soon! ^__^): https://teams.live.com/l/invite/FAAbIKYLYia53IKOwE

NLC, PTK PRO, SA&VE

Hello,

you can ask any networking related question here. Lots of people post questions about projects they are doing in Packet Tracer. The best way to get the fastest results is to post a zipped copy of the Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file together with the question.

Greetings Georg, 

Thank you for your helpful reply. I will definitely make sure to secure all of my submissions and examination answers in a zip file to upload from Clark State's computer lab when I meet with my Networking Professor on Monday. Thank you also for the calm and reassuring response. I'm really liking the warm welcome that experienced Admins and Pros have extended to the newbies, like myself, among US. Looking forward to your feedback on what I follow up on this discussion thread with and any commentary you could provide on the blog I have set up for sharing Clark State's Business & Applied Tech Department's Cybersecurity/Information Assurance program's homework discussions and projects: https://cosmiknight1nln3prtct-prdct1srvc.tumblr.com/ 

Respectfully, 

CHEN MEL. 

Natural Living Clerk, Student Ambassador & Public Relations Officer

CompTIA and Cisco Certifications pending following rounds of simulated testing

NLC, PTK PRO, SA&VE