Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup CiscoWorks 2.6 Data - ERROR(336)

fernando.w
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm upgrading from CiscoWorks 2.6 to Prime 4.0 that will be installed on a remote machine, but when I try to backup CiscoWorks 2.6 data in the old machine using "WindowsLMSBackup" tool, I get the message below:

Backup to 'g:/bkp' started at: [Fri Apr 13 07:52:48 2012]

ERROR(336): No database files are available for the installed applications; nothing to back up.

Backup failed: 2012/04/13 07:52:48

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return status of CS backup script is: 20480

Exiting the backup process.

Reason: Unable to proceed with backup

I'm following the the steps from "Installing and Migrating to CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution 4.0" guide.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Fernando

8 Replies 8

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you took the backup of LMS 2.6 via internal backup utility (from UI in admin>Backup) than it may not work properly. There is a lot of architectural changes between both the software, hence you should have taken backup using the Wrapper.pl script.

More details check the segment in install Guide for Migrating Data from LMS 2.6 to LMS 4.0.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Thanks for your answer Vinod.

I'm trying to backup the CiscoWorks 2.6 data according with the Guide that you mentioned (Migrating Data from LMS 2.6 to LMS 4.0.), and using the Wrapper.pl script, but I get the error message below in the log file wrapper.log:

Backup started at : [Mon Apr 16 16:09:56 2012]

Going to Execute the command G:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl G:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\backup.pl g:\bkp

Return status of CS backup script is: 20480

Exiting the backup process.

Reason: Unable to proceed with backup

Fernando

I hope you have ran wrapper.pl command not from the

extracted(WindowsLMSBackup.tar) directory.

User need to run the following command only from where the

"WindowsLMSBackup.tar" file is extracted.

NMSROOT\bin\perl wrapper.pl BKP

Example:

1) Extract the "WindowsLMSBackup.tar" file to c:\backup

2) Ensure that c:\backup directory has wrapper.pl and

rbackup.exe files

3) Please run the following commands

1) Open command prompt

2) cd c:\backup

3) NMSRoot\bin\perl wrapper.pl Location of the backup where it has to be stored.

Regards,

Vinod Arya

I ran the wrapper.pl from a new directory that I created and copied the extracted/untarred files in "WindowsLMSBackup.tar". Exactly as the same of your example in the last post.

Hello Vinod,

I was reading this link https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/254840, and I checked that I don't have the manifest directory. So, do you think that my problem is related with this fact?

I'm thinking to upgrade directly to Prime LMS 4.0 in this same machine. Is this a possibility do recover the manifest directory?

Best regards,

Fernando.

Aah, yes, that an issue. If manifest directory is missing, you can try to create one. You can copy one from any server. I have done so once, it usually has information on what to backup during backup. Basically you can copy it from any known server which has a manifest directory. Inside the directory you’ll see all apps name and many .txt files. Open each etxt file one by one and edit the location as per your server install directory.

Example:

If I copy NMSROOT\backup\manifest\ directory to my new server, inside it there is one file among many others :

NMSROOT\backup\manifest\campus\properties\datafiles.txt

I’ll have to edit the path to install directory, in my case it is :

C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\

You have to do it for all the .txt files which has install path defined in it. Around 5 min task and you can use (^H) replace all easily to do so on all files.

It should work. If you don’t have the manifest directory from any server, let me know I’ll share one. Or else, give me the install path as per your existing server, aka, NMSROOT, I can prepare manifest directory for you and share.

-Thanks

Regards,

Vinod Arya

Cisco Systems, Inc. .:|:..:|:.

Hello Vinod,

Thank you again for your reply.

I guess that is my problem, but I have just one server, so I cannot copy the manifest directory from other server. Can you help me with the manifest directory?

This is my NMSROOT path:

G:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\

Best regards,

Fernando.

fernando.w
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I found many issues when I tried to restore the backup of CW 2.6 on the CWLMS 4.0. So, I left this option and will try another migration strategy. Now I will install the CW 3.2 over the CW 2.6 server (upgrade), backup the data and restore on the Prime LMS 4.1 server.

Thanks for help.

Fernando.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: