cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bootup NCS-520 with metroipaccess and ZTP

Friis
Level 1
Level 1

We shall install a lot of NCS-520 normaly it get the config over ZTP, but by default it starts up with metroaccess that is not supporting BGP etc. I want to save the 10 min for etch for the reboot to do the change to metroipaccess
We will make a software upgrade before the installation, so we are able to put a extrafile or script on the device, the most important this is the ZTP is working on the installation.

Is it possible?

3 Replies 3

Hello,

not really sure what you are asking. You want the router(s) to boot with ZTP ? Do you have ZTP enabled globally, and configured a URL for ZTP ?

NCS520#conf t
NCS520(config)#ztp
NCS520(config)#ztp url http://ztp-server.example.com/configs/ncs-520.yml

Hi
no, can see the confusion. we are sending the config to the cpe the old way, we are using the dhcp, and the device is getting the config over tftp. 

so i ask for, a way where we can start the device up in metroipaccess mode.
as it is now we have to 
conf t
license boot level metroipaccess
end
reload

before it starts up with metroipaccess
and i can put on the bgp part again since it drops tat in the first step because it is unsupported.

i hope the issue is more clear now

Hello,

unfortunately the only way (I know of) to change the license level is to reboot the device. I have never seen another way. The command 'reload warm', if available on the NCS520 might speed the process up a bit...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card