cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c2960-48-TC-L upgrade firmware 12.2(25) -> (55)

_fuzzy314
Level 1
Level 1

Is it OK to proceed this update in one step? From 12.2(25)SEE3 to the current release, 12.2(55)?

Are there any steps necessary in between like do an upgrade to an earlier version before?

Thank you for your advice.

fuz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Switches ideally have an smooth upgrade experience and there's isn't too much to consider before upgrade, as anyways this is not major upgrade like on 15.x.

15.x have a new licensing and feature set activation changes which needs attention. Here you should be able to upgrade from to 12.2(55) with the basic upgrade procedure.

For more details check the release notes, where too i dont think anything is specific to this HW, needs to be concerned:

Release Notes for the Catalyst 3750, 3560, 2975, 2960-S, and 2960 Switches, Cisco IOS Release 12.2(55)SE and Later

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Switches ideally have an smooth upgrade experience and there's isn't too much to consider before upgrade, as anyways this is not major upgrade like on 15.x.

15.x have a new licensing and feature set activation changes which needs attention. Here you should be able to upgrade from to 12.2(55) with the basic upgrade procedure.

For more details check the release notes, where too i dont think anything is specific to this HW, needs to be concerned:

Release Notes for the Catalyst 3750, 3560, 2975, 2960-S, and 2960 Switches, Cisco IOS Release 12.2(55)SE and Later

-Thanks

Vinod

I did it and it worked. Your advice has taken my fear away.

Thank you.

fuz

Glad to know it worked and I could help! 

-Thanks

Vinod

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: