cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can CiscoWorks RME export the Inventory information?

regiane.andrade
Level 1
Level 1

Can CiscoWorks RME export the Inventory information (reports) using a command ?

We want to automate the generation of the reports and write the information in another database

10 Replies 10

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

What version of RME are you using?

LMS 2.5, RME-4.0, Cisco View-6.1, CM with 4.0, DFM-2.0 and CS with 3.0

Try using the cwcli command in CSCOpx/bin

It has an export option

Ok, the cwcli creates files as .txt or .csv. I have another doubt, is it possible to use ODBC in the RME Inventory Database ?

And, Is it possible to use another kind of database to RME Inventory as for example SQL ?

TTT

If anyone knows the answer to this question I would like to hear it too.

Can we at least access the data with just read privileges. It is far better for reporting that a report engine is tied directly to it, as opposed to a static export manual process that could take as much each time as it takes to program a report just once.

Thanks.

Well, according to the link below, RME 4.0 "cwcli export" can export in XML format, if it makes any difference to you compared to csv.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00803576f1.html

"The section, "Navigational Changes from 3.x to 4.0" informs you of the changes in RME 4.0 as compared with RME 3.x.

For example, the Data Extracting Engine (DEE) of RME 3.5, is now part of the CWCLI framework. You can use the cwcli export command to generate the Inventory and Configuration data in XML format."

Thanks,

I'm probably using the wrong terms here. Thanks for your understanding.

Is there a way in which a program can read records and fields of the database directly and search based on programed criteria, like Crystal Reports and/or MS Access via an ODBC link.

Accessing the database directly provides the most up to date info. Static files, CSV or XML, are just that, static, right?

I have been trying to contact cisco about this problem too, and no useful answers ! If anyone knows some kind of way to grab data directly in the Ciscoworks database ex. using ODBC...please contact me...

It's a number of Sybase databases

In \CSCOpx\databases you find odbc.tmpl files that show how ciscoworks connects to these databases.

The biggest problem is that these databases

- are not documented.

- are subject to change.

So if your report works today, it may no longer work after an update.

If anyone has made any interesting discoveries about the tables in these database please let met know.

Cheers,

Michel

There is no way to access the database in the fashion you described.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card