cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Etherchannel be monitored in LMS3.2?

dinfantino
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to view traffic information for a Port Channel on a 6509; however I can only select physical ports.  Does HUM enable any sort of capability in this end?  Anyone have any suggesstions of how I might check this information and have graphical output or reports for this channel link? Much appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't see why not. Even if HUM doesn't do it out-of-the-box (which is rather surprising to me), it would seem entirely possible through the Custom Template feature of HUM:

First use the Snmp Walk tool in Device Center to query 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2 (ifDescr) against the 6509. Look for the ifIndex number corresponding to the port channel in the output.

With that info, query the cat6k again for 1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.6. (ifHCInOctets). That output (or lack thereof) should indicate there's BW counter stats to report or not.

Then create a user-defined template in HUM to report on it, as well as 1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.10 (ifHCOutOctets), to round out the duplex picture:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_health_and_utilization_monitor/1.2/user/guide_12/HUMucase.html#wp1057935

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't see why not. Even if HUM doesn't do it out-of-the-box (which is rather surprising to me), it would seem entirely possible through the Custom Template feature of HUM:

First use the Snmp Walk tool in Device Center to query 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2 (ifDescr) against the 6509. Look for the ifIndex number corresponding to the port channel in the output.

With that info, query the cat6k again for 1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.6. (ifHCInOctets). That output (or lack thereof) should indicate there's BW counter stats to report or not.

Then create a user-defined template in HUM to report on it, as well as 1.3.6.1.2.1.31.1.1.1.10 (ifHCOutOctets), to round out the duplex picture:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_health_and_utilization_monitor/1.2/user/guide_12/HUMucase.html#wp1057935