cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't access a Cisco 2951 router through its console port.

JohnFHigh33
Level 1
Level 1

I have a configured and operational Cisco 2951 with an Etherswitch module (SM-ES3-24-P.) When I connect to the console port for the router however I am connected to a session in the Etherswitch and have no option to terminate the connection and console into the router. I have tried both "CTRL+SHIFT+6+ then X" as well as the disconnect command and neither have given me access to the router through the console port.

Am I missing something? Is there a reason that I can't access the router through its own console port?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sounds like you might be locked in the session , if you reboot it should go back to default console mode as you usually have to break into the module section from standard console , if you cant get out of it its an option

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what terminal software are you using Putty or Secure CRT or any other?

here is the good steps to access module : please post the logs you entered on the console :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/interfaces/software/feature/guide/eesm_sw.html#71280

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

sounds like you might be locked in the session , if you reboot it should go back to default console mode as you usually have to break into the module section from standard console , if you cant get out of it its an option

Ended up rebooting the device and I was able to console into the router from the console port. Thank you for the help!