cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you tell what the restorebackup.pl script is doing?

billy.moses
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to restore an automatic backup taken last week from LMS 3.0.1 - win2K3 Standard Ed and want to restore it to the same box that has been re-imaged to LMS 3.2 - Win2K3 64 Ent Ed

Everything was going well - Common Services and Campus Manager have completed, until around an two hrs ago when the interactive sql popped up  with an issue to which i clicked continue whilst restoring RME.

Now RME restore is stuck at 50% completed and there have been no new entries in the restorebackup.log for 1.5hrs

The last entry in the file CSCOdbupdate.log says

Launching  "E:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx\bin\perl E:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx/rigel/scripts/rme/dbupgrade/main.pl rmeng dsn=rmeng,$NMSROOT/rigel/scripts/rme/dbupgrade/schemachange,schema": At E:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx\dbupdate.pl, #105: Time -2010/04/30 18:09:02

ERROR: "E:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx/rigel/scripts/rme/dbupgrade/main.pl" failed with error code 256

: At E:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx\dbupdate\dbupdate.pl, #111: Time - 2010/04/30 19:15:46

Since that time nothing has been written to any log file, am i just being impatient as this is a 4Gb RME database or is it a problem and if so what can i do to recover this???

Rgds

Billy

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's certainly not a good sign, but it doesn't mean things aren't still progressing.  Check the restore log (if you specified one), and the migration.log.  As RME is doing a restore, it will write much of its progress to the migration.log.  This should have been mentioned in the output of the restore log, or on the terminal.

Hold fire - it may have been my impatience the screen has just updated to 90% complete, with migration and restorebackup.log being updated

Phew!!!

Thanks for your response

Billy

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card