Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot add new Device in PI 2.2.3

IGOR SPANZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

can anybody help me, i can't add ( "Add Device" or "Bulk Import") new Device in PI 2.2.3.

Error: Device already exist: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (IP Adress)

Thanks

6 Replies 6

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi ,

Looks like some new issue , I found few other customer facing similar issue ..

as of now , I am not aware of any solution , will update you once , I got any update.

just try to add any random ip like 6.6.6.6 , i guess you will still see the error.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

yes, it is correct, I have tried other IP addresses - always the same mistakes

Thanks-

Igor

Just adding my 2c, I have also experienced this issue (in my lab PI 2.2 system).

Tried device IPs which I had never added to the system, bogus ips such as 1.2.3.4 and even tried to delete an existing device and re-add.  device deleted successfully, but cannot re-add the previously existing device as the error says it already exists.

After loading device pack 4.0 on lab system, this issue still persists.

Bulk loading job fails with  "Import job summary: null"  and 'No Data Available'

List of updates applied to PI Build 2.2.0.0.158:

- 2.2.1 POODLE Fix and Maintenance Release

- PI 2.2 DP 3.0

- PI 2.2 DP 4.0

- Wireless Technology Pack 1.0

Regards,

Greg.

Quick update.

My lab system is in HA, I tried a failover to secondary and tried to manually add devices via the secondary in active state.

Tried a device which is completely new (never been added to the system before), the pre-existing device I had previously deleted and a bogus IP 1.2.3.4

It accepted them all....

Tried a bulk update using the template example downloaded through the GUI (with 10.10.10.10 and 10.10.10.12) - even though these aren't real IP Addresses, the job did not fail and the devices were added successfully (even if PI cannot reach them)

Very strange.  Won't have time to fail back this afternoon and test it on the primary system again...but will try for next week.

Regards,

Greg.

Thanks, very strangely, unfortunately, does not help me workarround, because I have no HA  system.
I have all patches  updates:

Cisco Prime Infrastructure

Version : 2.2.0

Build : 2.2.0.0.158

Installed Updates:

Critical Fixes:

PI 2.2.1 POODLE Fix ( 1.0.0 )

PI 2.2.1 Maintenance Release ( 1.0.0 )

April, 2015 Number 01 - PI 2.2.1 cumulative generic point patch ( 1.4.0 )

Patch to disable 3DES ( 1.0.0 )

Installed Updates:

Device Support:

Prime Infrastructure 2.2 Device Pack 2 ( 2.0 )

Prime Infrastructure 2.2 Device Pack 3 ( 3.0 )

Prime Infrastructure 2.2 Device Pack 4 ( 4.0 )

Installed Updates:

Prime Add-Ons:

Wireless Technology Pack ( 1.0.0 )

Regards,

Igor

Understood Igor. 

Just to complete the cycle for anyone else who is reading this, after failing back from secondary to primary adding devices presents the original problem.

So my lab has a primary with the issue, where the secondary does not present the issue and allows device addition as per normal.

Regards,

Greg.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco