Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot fetch configs in a WS-C2980G-A

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have LMS 3.2 over Windows and there are some WS-C2980G-A in the network which LMS cannot fetch their configs. If we launch a Check Device Credentials job, the result is Ok for SNMP and telnet password but "Username Credential missing. Enable username credential missing" for enable telnet password.

When trying to fetch their configs, the result of the job is "Unable to get results of job execution for device. Retry the job after increasing the job result wait time using the option:Resource Manager Essentials -> Admin -> Config Mgmt -> Archive Mgmt ->Fetch Settings".

Their CatOS version is 8.4(11)GLX and their SNMP system id is iso.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.51, so it's supported.

Can anyone please help me fixing this issue?

Regards.

14 Replies 14

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The first thing you should try is restarting ConfigMgmtServer, then immediately try and fetch the config from this switch.

pdterm ConfigMgmtServer

pdexec ConfigMgmtServer

If the fetch still fails, enable debugging for ArchiveMgmt Service under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Application Loglevel Settings, reproduce the problem (after restarting ConfigMgmtServer again), then post the dcmaservice.log.

We have done the first suggestion and it still doesn't work so I upload the dcmaservice.log.

These are archived versions, and do not contain the sync job for the 2980.  Please re-run the sync archive and then immediately capture and post the dcmaservice.log.

Sorry. Here is the right file.

What is the IP of this switch?  I'm seeing an SNMP timeout on 10.99.1.97.

The IP is 10.99.5.42

What do you see when you login to this device and try to enable yourself using the credentials in DCR?  To get these credentials, go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management > Export.  Export the credentials for this device, then from the LMS server try and login and enter enable mode.  What do you see?

We did this test and we could connect in enable mode from the command line but not from the LMS. Anyway, I've told our customers to do it again. When they pass me the result, I'll post it.

I'm interested in EVERYTHING you see on the VTY when performing the login and enable operations.

w

Our customer has sent us a couple of screenshots, please find them attached.

Assuming that RME knows these local credentials, the syslog here may be the problem.  Is this printed every time the user enters enable mode?  If so, can you turn the mgmt logging level down to 4 to see if the problem goes away?

Yes, it's printed every time enters the user enters enable mode. The mgmt logging level has been changed to 4, now the syslog message doesn't appear but the problem still persists.

Given that this is telnet, can you provide a sniffer trace filtering on tcp/23 traffic between the LMS server and this switch when performing a config archive job?  If that is too sensitive please click the "Open Service Request" button in the Actions panel in this thread to have this discussion transferred to the TAC SR.  My gut is that there may be a timing issue due to the ACS server not being accessible.