cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot login to Cisco SG350-10MP switch after upgrading firmware

janelle.provine
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded my Cisco SG350-10MP switch to firmware version 2.5.9.16, the switch is up and running fine but I can not longer login into it with any of the credentials I have for it. I updated the credentials, save them and tested that I could login. Then after uploading and installing the new firmware I could no longer login with any of the credentials I have for the switch not even the default or the password I changed it to or what it was before I changed it

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-small-business-300-series-managed-switches/smb4985-administrator-password-recovery-for-300-and-500-series-manag.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks I already have that document, I am remote to the device so I was hoping to find another solution other than a password recovery process which requires me to travel onsite. I have 50 more of these switches to upgrade the firmware on and need to find out what happened cause I don't have time to go reload 50 switches

- Apparently and according to this thread the problem could be caused by special characters in the password making logins no longer possible after an upgrade ;
           https://community.cisco.com/t5/switches-small-business/update-to-2-5-8-12-login-problem/td-p/4463118

The  upgraded-to version discussed is different but if you are on a follow up train , you will probably hit the same issue
                 If this needs to severe business impact you will probably need to 'query' Cisco :
          https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks very good information, is there a way I could have known this was an issue ahead of time. So what is the fix? password recovery or factory reset?

>...is there a way I could have known this was an issue ahead of time.
  - The basic question is : where you using special characters in password(s) before the upgrade ?

M.

what qualifies as a special character? I posted the known issue for this firmware upgrade and this was not listed as one of the known issues

- To be honest , the discussion is no longer fruitful , the link mentioned
is something that I came across when searching for clues ,

M.

also how can I prevent it on the other switches I need to upgrade, I mean most login require special characters anymore

I looked up the release notes for the version I installed which was 2.5.9.16 and I don't see any reference to what you are suggesting

janelleprovine_0-1696539312587.png