Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot suppress unidentified trap in LMS Fault Monitor

Hello,

We have Ciscoworks LMS upgraded from version 4.0.1 to Cisco Prime 4.1.

DFM is displaying in "Fault Monitor", "Device Fault Summary Tab" an entry which says "Unidentified Trap". In the lower pane titled "Fault for unidentified trap" we have no event to own or clear, so we cannot suppress this line from DFM.

Any fix available ?

Best regards

C.Barbu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Veronica Reyes
Level 1
Level 1

There have been known issues with Fault Monitoring Alerts caused by steal entries in EPM database. To fix this, please run the below commands on your server's command prompt (this will delete all the data from the EPM database):

+ Stop daemon manager :

net stop crmdmgtd  

+ Re-initialize EPM db as below : 

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

example:

C:\progra1\CSCOpx\bin\perl.exe C:\progra1\CSCOpx\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

+ Start daemon manager:

net start crmdmgtd

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Veronica Reyes
Level 1
Level 1

There have been known issues with Fault Monitoring Alerts caused by steal entries in EPM database. To fix this, please run the below commands on your server's command prompt (this will delete all the data from the EPM database):

+ Stop daemon manager :

net stop crmdmgtd  

+ Re-initialize EPM db as below : 

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

example:

C:\progra1\CSCOpx\bin\perl.exe C:\progra1\CSCOpx\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

+ Start daemon manager:

net start crmdmgtd

Hi,

i have the same issue with LMS 4.2.2 but the fix you mentioned doesn´t work. I still get "Unidentified generic trap" InformAlarm messages. How can i get rid of these messages?

Thank you

Cheers,

Chris

bumping, unmark the question as answered please.  I would like to know as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: