cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3850 shown as WLC by Prime Infrastructure 2.1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Prasad,

thank you for your time and your answers. 

I hope I can move on PI 3.0  asap.

Kind regards,

Massimiliano

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

prasadm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The following URL specified the supported devices sysOnjectId for Prime 2.1 release.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/products-device-support-tables-list.html

Please make sure, your SW sysObjectId is in the above list.

You can run audit report for the device to make identify the differences between Prime learned config & actual device config.

If you see any difference in the audit report, you can try 'config refresh' from the device.

It is advisable to delete & re-add the device in Prime, if you still see any sync-up issues. Prime will sync-up from the device freshly and the prime database will be updated correctly. 

If it is helpful, Let me know.

Thank you,

-Prasad.

Hi Prasad,

thanks for your answer, I verified that the sysObjectId and it is in the supported devices.

I would like to know is if there's the chance to treat the WS-C3850-24P or WS-C3850-48P just as a switch.

At the moment, every 3850 is shown in the Controllers Edit View > Configure > Controllers.

I'm able to perform Audit and config refresh on them.
I'm wondering if it possible to remove it from the controller section.
Beacuse the APs are actually managed by a WLC.

Thank you,

Massimiliano

Massimiliano,

Prime 2.1 is not yet completely integrated with LMS features. It is more towards Wireless features. So, 3850 wireless features are supported and is treated as a Controller.

Prime 3.0 is the right release for benefiting from Wired features similar to LMS 4.2.

The following URL will be helpful for more details :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/guide_c07-735919.html

For Prime 3.0, If you see the same issue, Please open a case with Cisco TAC. as we need to review logs for further troubleshooting.

Hope it is helpful.

Thank you,

-Prasad.

Hello Prasad,

thank you for your time and your answers. 

I hope I can move on PI 3.0  asap.

Kind regards,

Massimiliano