cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Centrally manage all Cisco Switches

A.K.M. Sayeed
Level 1
Level 1

I have more than 20 Cisco switches in my office which is basically a soap manufacturing factory. The switches include Cisco 2950, 2960, 3560, 3750 etc. We have routers also which include 2821, 2951 etc. We also have Cisco WLC 2125 and LAP 1262 series. Sometimes all these devices management comes very tough to us.

We need to logon to different devices for troubleshooting/network managment which sometimes becomes very tough to us. So I wonder if there any cisco applications or tools by which we can centrally manage all these devices.

If would be a great help for us if anyone can suggest.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The closest low cost (free) Cisco product to manage most of that would be Cisco Network Assistant (CNA). It'll do fine with your switches and manage at least your 2900 series router.

If I were on a budget I'd use CNA for the switches, add in Cisco Confguration Professional (CCP) for the couple of routers and use the built-in browser-based interface for the WLC (which covers its WAPs as well).

If you want a paid Cisco product to cover it all, you'd have to step up to Cisco Prime Infrastructure at the base licensing level (up to 50 devices). List price for that is about US$5295.

Third party options abound and also range from free open source projects (Nagios, Cacti, RANCID etc.) to full-featured systems such as the SolarWinds products (NPM, NCM, etc.)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The closest low cost (free) Cisco product to manage most of that would be Cisco Network Assistant (CNA). It'll do fine with your switches and manage at least your 2900 series router.

If I were on a budget I'd use CNA for the switches, add in Cisco Confguration Professional (CCP) for the couple of routers and use the built-in browser-based interface for the WLC (which covers its WAPs as well).

If you want a paid Cisco product to cover it all, you'd have to step up to Cisco Prime Infrastructure at the base licensing level (up to 50 devices). List price for that is about US$5295.

Third party options abound and also range from free open source projects (Nagios, Cacti, RANCID etc.) to full-featured systems such as the SolarWinds products (NPM, NCM, etc.)

Dear MARVIN RHOADS,

Thanks for the advise. Its really helpful.

Regards,

Sayeed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: