cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change audit - config alterations

woods8
Level 1
Level 1

I have Ciscoworks LMS2.5 on a windows 2k server. I would like all config changes to be emailed once a week. I have snmp enable traps config & logging syslog facility pointing to my Ciscoworks sever.

Where does Ciscoworks show these logs/changes and how can I automate the email delivery of these logs? RME>reports>Change audit and syslog seems to be the closest thing. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

4 Replies 4

ssoberlik
Level 4
Level 4

You can manage report jobs using the Reports job browser. You can also view the output of completed jobs, stop running jobs or delete jobs if required.Refer the following URL

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000e/e_4_x/4_0/u_guide/reports.htm

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

Indeed what you should use is the change audit report.

it has an option to limit it to config changes only.

It can be scheduled, but in their infinite wisdom the ciscoworks developers have deciced to close a security breach and therefore you can no longer send reports via mail.

So what you get is a url to the report so you will have to log on before seeing the report.

Cheers,

Michel

Thanks for the reply Michel.

I have created a report from change audit, selected the standard report, selected all devices then chose the CONFIG_CHANGE catergory. When I get the results emailed to me I cant view the files it says "file cant be opened as this could be a binary file".

Also, how detailed is the config change audit? I say this as the test I implemeneted produced a lot of results for such a small period of time - 24 hrs??

Any advice?

Yes there is a vlan.dat file that changes very often. You may need to make RME stop monitoring those changes.

Under RME -> Admin -> ChangeAudit -> Config Change Filter

I guess the file changes whenever a counter in the VTP goes up so it's not a relevant, change but I haven't been able to get an answer from cisco on this.

I think it should show a page where you can do a diff with the previous config version.

Cheers,

Michel