cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Audit problem

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

I have this 24-hr change audit report scheduled to run everyday. For couple of days I have noticed that it has too many bogus entries, it shows the name of the people who logged in to several devices and made configuration change but in fact that person has never logged on to these device. When I click the detail and click diff only it shows the different time for two different version of devices, I believe it is a bug but cannot confirm, please assist.

I'm running LMS3.2.1 on Solaris 10 with RME 4.3.2 and Campus 5.2.2.

2 Replies 2

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I believe you are getting the changes because there are variables that do change all the time.  If not excluded from consideration you will run into a situation such as this.

For LMS 4.x this can be achieved by navigating to: Admin > Collection Settings > Config > Config compare Exclude Commands Configuration

For earlier versions such as 3.x:  RME > Tools > Change Audit > Automated Actions

I have exclusion enabled but I have started seeing this after I upgraded to LMS3.2.1 cumulative patch early this month. I even ran a new Change Audit job and chose Application = Archive Management and Category = CONFIG_CHANGE but then I saw more than 1000 entries from the users admin which is system users and runs the system jobs like inventory collection and archive mgmt and should never show up in change Audit report. I really need help to get this resolved. Anyone please?