Views
Helpful
Replies

Check and Adjust Cisco Prime Infrastructure Alert Threshold

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

Is there any chance to check and change the threshold of alert on Cisco Prime Infrastructure? I want to check the current threshold for "AP Client Count Threshold Violated" and "AP Client Throughput Threshold Violated" alerts and might adjust the threshold. I tried to search it but I only can find to change the severity of the alerts. Is it possible to check and adjust alert threshold on Cisco PI? My PI is 3.7. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A ok sorry, I misunderstood your question. To change the treshold try Monitor > Monitoring Tools > Monitoring Policies > My Policies -> Add new policy, then select Wireleess AP and ApClientCount and play around with the settings. 

DanielP211_0-1700027096811.png

Hope this solves your issue. 

BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

You have to go under the menu Monitor -> Monitor Tools-> Alarm Policies -> Add an new Alarm Policy -> Name it + Change Alarm Severities -> Then select which alarm you whant to change the treshold to.

BR

Hi Daniel,

Please find the screenshot below. I can change the severity of the alert but cannot change the threshold, let's say from 50 to 30.

Cisco PI Change Severity.png

A ok sorry, I misunderstood your question. To change the treshold try Monitor > Monitoring Tools > Monitoring Policies > My Policies -> Add new policy, then select Wireleess AP and ApClientCount and play around with the settings. 

DanielP211_0-1700027096811.png

Hope this solves your issue. 

BR

Hi Daniel,

Thank you. May I know how to send the alert via email? I have an existing PI alert in place. Will the alert of the newly created policy sent by the same notification? Also, regarding the polling, may I know the interval?