Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2500 Series Wireless Controller Model 2504 and NTP

RFC_2549
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

there is a Cisco 2500 Series Wireless Controller Model 2504 and some wireless phones (wpu-7800) are connecting to the APs present under the controller. About aday ago someone discovered that the wireless phones are having an issue with date and time (the date and time is incorrect) and the customer says that the phones bring the info about the time from the WLC (is it possible?). The WLC have a manually setted time (so no specific IP address of an NTP server). The WLC can become a NTP server for some devices under the WLC? Hpw can I check it and configure it? 

Thank You

Giulia

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Cisco wirless controller can not act as NTP server, for the wzu phone - ref :

https://www.ezdirect.it/file/979/wpu7800_manual.pdf

Look for NTP with find in the browser;  you will find the setting for specifying NTP server(s)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depends on the configuraiton. if Wireless as media then device has to get NTP time sync with device.

So if device configured to use wireless as source for NTP Sync it sync with NTP Server.

Look at the end device how that was setup done ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help